The Power Forums
Hello and welcome to The Power Forums! Please take this time to register or log in! See you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Power Forums
Hello and welcome to The Power Forums! Please take this time to register or log in! See you soon!
The Power Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OFFICIAL Call of Duty Black Ops Discussion

+29
PandasFanboy
mellow(802)
Sandalman3000
Shiller
L4MB
Wsxdas
Stealth
Loyal X Patriot
mellow802
SOG_player69
RZRsharpKLR
EvanErgo
Bodom
Helen
Patty
SeanSim
CoDfAtHeR123
Wheen Your Strange
Its_Ackbar
SSJ Prince V
Adam
DEATHRACERCHEVY
II LowDown II
TheAlmightyZohan
ginga-ninja
Flyerboy10
MegaMonkeyChunk
Demonicpopcorn
Hardline Pro
33 posters

Page 20 of 42 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31 ... 42  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL Call of Duty Black Ops Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: OFFICIAL Call of Duty Black Ops Discussion

Post  L4MB Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:01 pm

^^Yeah, but at least you then can make useful classes with the defaults. Tell me, did you ever use defaults after lvl 4 in any other CoD game?
L4MB
L4MB
Forum Police Officer
Forum Police Officer

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL Call of Duty Black Ops Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: OFFICIAL Call of Duty Black Ops Discussion

Post  Hardline Pro Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:05 pm

L4MB wrote:^^Yeah, but at least you then can make useful classes with the defaults. Tell me, did you ever use defaults after lvl 4 in any other CoD game?

I used the default Riot Shield class in MW2 a lot, but other than that, no.
Hardline Pro
Hardline Pro
Admin
Admin

https://thepowerforum.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  EvanErgo Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:04 am

Zero Punctuation: CoD:BO

Yay! He finally did black ops. Was a bit short but he summed it up pretty good.
EvanErgo
EvanErgo
Forum Recruiter
Forum Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post  mellow802 Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:05 am

This game is already starting to bore me to death. The weapons are just SOOO lame.
It seems the only game mode I am enjoying is Barebones Pure TDM. Actually makes this lame game kind of fun.
I'm tempted to go back to MW2, IW is so much better at making games.
mellow802
mellow802
BANNED
BANNED

http://www.sinisterbikes.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EvanErgo Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:10 am

mellow802 wrote:This game is already starting to bore me to death. The weapons are just SOOO lame.
I think the only thing "unique" about any of the guns is that you can't put certain attachments on some. Hey, that's what happens when you copy&paste the same three gun stats over and over. I'm pretty sure between all the assault rifles and SMGs there are only TWO rates of fire, 750 and 937rpm.
EvanErgo
EvanErgo
Forum Recruiter
Forum Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:12 am

EvanErgo wrote:
mellow802 wrote:This game is already starting to bore me to death. The weapons are just SOOO lame.
I think the only thing "unique" about any of the guns is that you can't put certain attachments on some. Hey, that's what happens when you copy&paste the same three gun stats over and over. I'm pretty sure between all the assault rifles and SMGs there are only TWO rates of fire, 750 and 937rpm.

*looks at my huge weapon post*

*looks back at Ivan's post*

Yup.
MegaMonkeyChunk
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SOG_player69 Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:32 am

mellow802 wrote:I'm tempted to go back to MW2, IW is so much better at making games.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
SOG_player69
SOG_player69
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  ginga-ninja Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:21 am

L4MB wrote:
ginga-ninja wrote:Yay! I FINALLY unlocked Ghost Pro and I didn't have enough money for it!! Yay! Same thing happened with Hacker!!! I'm so happy!
Dammit, I want it so bad. I didn't realize that shooting down spy planes doesn't count, so I was wasting my time with that when I should have been shooting down care package choppers. At least I have Ninja Pro....

I'm pretty sure spy planes count. I shoot down care package choppers cos they give 400xp though. Thats like a decent contract.
ginga-ninja
ginga-ninja
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Bodom Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:50 am

mellow802 wrote:I'm tempted to go back to MW2, IW is so much better at making games.

troll
Bodom
Bodom
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:17 am

Bodom wrote:

troll

Well they did make CoD4, arguably the best FPS to have graced "Next Gen Consoles" (why am I even calling them that?). Almost every FPS since it was released was basically trying to copy paste its multiplayer ranking and customization style and have failed.
MegaMonkeyChunk
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bodom Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:43 am

SOG_player69 wrote:
Bodom wrote:My epic last second win in sharpshooter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3Z8E06oH58

Mmmmmh, nice triple.

also, 3rd prestige emblem is sexy, lol

The 11th prestige has to be the best.
Bodom
Bodom
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  ginga-ninja Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:44 am

Anyone else get annoyed that when two or more people teleport at the same time you both die?
ginga-ninja
ginga-ninja
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Bodom Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:23 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMJYOfIKnzU

I honestly almost shit my pants when i did this.
Bodom
Bodom
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  ginga-ninja Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:29 am

Okay, I'm getting pretty pissed off with this game. Not just with the game itself, which just doesn't appeal to me, but the constant host migrations and sitting around in lobbies only for it to close for no reason at all.
ginga-ninja
ginga-ninja
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  EvanErgo Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:57 am

ginga-ninja wrote:Okay, I'm getting pretty pissed off with this game. Not just with the game itself, which just doesn't appeal to me, but the constant host migrations and sitting around in lobbies only for it to close for no reason at all.
I hate when people leave and make a "dead room" that will never again be filled, or like you said it just closes for no reason.

Rendering a clip right now. It's a triple quick scope, three bullets not one. I don't like "QSing" but they took out my brother and I avenged him.
EvanErgo
EvanErgo
Forum Recruiter
Forum Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post  ginga-ninja Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:00 am

EvanErgo wrote:
ginga-ninja wrote:Okay, I'm getting pretty pissed off with this game. Not just with the game itself, which just doesn't appeal to me, but the constant host migrations and sitting around in lobbies only for it to close for no reason at all.
I hate when people leave and make a "dead room" that will never again be filled, or like you said it just closes for no reason.

Rendering a clip right now. It's a triple quick scope, three bullets not one. I don't like "QSing" but they took out my brother and I avenged him.

I havn't even attempted to snipe yet. Maps are just horrible for sniping.
ginga-ninja
ginga-ninja
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  EvanErgo Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:14 am

D: Sniping is pretty fun tho. There aren't as many spots to really good vantage points on the maps, but there are some. =/ most are just death traps with one way into it and then you're in the open and have a fall of death below you.
EvanErgo
EvanErgo
Forum Recruiter
Forum Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post  EvanErgo Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:49 am

There we go.
EvanErgo
EvanErgo
Forum Recruiter
Forum Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post  ginga-ninja Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:50 am

That 3rd shot so missed.
ginga-ninja
ginga-ninja
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  EvanErgo Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:58 am

ginga-ninja wrote:That 3rd shot so missed.
dogsuspect looks just fine to me. dogsuspect
EvanErgo
EvanErgo
Forum Recruiter
Forum Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post  L4MB Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:31 am

So there are a few things that have been bothering be about this game. Besides all the duplicate weapons, that is.

I don't find the drive behind playing it. Yeah, it's a decent game and I enjoy playing it, but it doesn't have that addictive hook. I played a ton of MW2. I admit that it had issues, let's not get into it here, but it had a very addictive quality to it. With Black Ops, there's really nothing to unlock. You get one page of prestige related backgrounds/emblem pieces for prestiging and you get an extra custom slot.
But everything else is pretty much just handed to you. Want a sweet camo for your gun? Just buy it. You don't even have to use the weapon to unlock any attachment you want. Just buy it. And it's not like CoD$ are that hard to come by.
The first perks I bought? Ghost, Sleight of Hand, and Ninja. I have all three pro right now, and I don't see myself buying any other perks. These perks fit how I play, so there's no reason why I need to buy Second Chance or what-have-you.
The only reason you even have to level up is to unlock new weapons, which is fine, I guess(see note 'duplicate weapons').

At least with MW2 you could have an aim or a goal. You could work on certain challenges to unlock pretty emblems or camos. All you are working for in Black Ops is more $ for more random camos or attachments. There's no drive.

The next thing on my list is Domination flags. The B-flag is alway out in the open somewhere with little to no cover. It messes with me. You can win a domination match by getting to B first (which usually is the case), but then you can leave 1 person in charge of defending B while the rest of your team runs around doing whatever they damn well please. Not a huge deal, but whatever.
Anyhow, there's my rant.
L4MB
L4MB
Forum Police Officer
Forum Police Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  ginga-ninja Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:40 am

Same here L4MB. Although I thought there was too much in MW2 lol. Anywy, I'm kust not finding it addictive. Other than zombies of course.

Also:

I love these guys.
ginga-ninja
ginga-ninja
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Hardline Pro Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 am

I played a few games of TDM with L4MB, and I must say that he is a beast. Razz
Hardline Pro
Hardline Pro
Admin
Admin

https://thepowerforum.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  L4MB Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:48 am

Hardline Pro wrote:I played a few games of TDM with L4MB, and I must say that he is a beast. Razz
You beat me pretty bad in that last game...
L4MB
L4MB
Forum Police Officer
Forum Police Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanSim Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:25 pm

Why are the user-controlled choppers in this game 2839472 times more deadly than Chopper Gunner in MW2?
SeanSim
SeanSim
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 42 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31 ... 42  Next