The Power Forums
Hello and welcome to The Power Forums! Please take this time to register or log in! See you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Power Forums
Hello and welcome to The Power Forums! Please take this time to register or log in! See you soon!
The Power Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guitar Hero and True Crime are dead. Now there are 5 studios working on CoD games...

+4
Stealth
mellow(802)
ginga-ninja
Hardline Pro
8 posters

Go down

Guitar Hero and True Crime are dead. Now there are 5 studios working on CoD games... Empty Guitar Hero and True Crime are dead. Now there are 5 studios working on CoD games...

Post  Hardline Pro Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:49 am

http://pc.ign.com/articles/114/1148698p1.html

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/710322/Call-Of-Duty-New-FPS-This-Year.html

Activision is nuts. They realize that they are making so much money off CoD, they are canceling other projects. We now have a total of 5 studios working on CoD games alone, Infinity Ward, Treyarch, Raven, Sledgehammer, and now Beachhead. Another CoD is set for release this year...that's a surprise. Holy crap.

Look what happened to Guitar Hero, Activision over did it, it sucked, and nobody liked it. I predict that CoD will be traveling down the same path, that is unless of course we get really great CoD games from these new studios...

Discuss.
Hardline Pro
Hardline Pro
Admin
Admin

https://thepowerforum.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Guitar Hero and True Crime are dead. Now there are 5 studios working on CoD games... Empty Re: Guitar Hero and True Crime are dead. Now there are 5 studios working on CoD games...

Post  ginga-ninja Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:16 am

Yes.
ginga-ninja
ginga-ninja
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Guitar Hero and True Crime are dead. Now there are 5 studios working on CoD games... Empty Re: Guitar Hero and True Crime are dead. Now there are 5 studios working on CoD games...

Post  mellow(802) Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:29 am

This could actually be a good thing.

I know Activision's history with over doing it, look what they did to Tony Hawk Pro Skater.
What I find intriguing is the possibility of COD games that are not strictly FPS's. A military MMO or even an RTS could be a lot of fun. I'm going to try and stay open minded and hope for the best.

Lets look at it this way.....even if only two of the five games are good, we'll still have enough to keep us busy for awhile.
It wouldn't be the end of the world if the COD franchise went down in flames.....it could lead to some epic possibilities.
mellow(802)
mellow(802)
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Stealth Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:36 am

Hardline Pro wrote:Another CoD is set for release this year.

This year!?! Hearing that, im already sick of CoD.
Stealth
Stealth
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post  mellow(802) Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:51 am

Come on man.....they have to get at least one of them right.
mellow(802)
mellow(802)
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  EvanErgo Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:53 am

._. why are people surprised about one coming out this year? Wiki tells me it's been one a year since Cod2.
CoD:2003
CoD2:2005
CoD3:2006
CoD4:2007
W@W:2008
MW2:2009
BO:2010
???:2011

I would think every sees the pattern by now. The Digital portal seems like an odd step since that would be making something for CoD based around a community.
EvanErgo
EvanErgo
Forum Recruiter
Forum Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:25 pm

So how long before Call of Duty: Tactical Kart Racing?

Also, I'm gonna expect 2-3 CoD games a year and at least 3 remakes of CoD4 with "new engines" and "new never before seen single player levels where you'll only get half the story with the rest of the story coming as DLC costing 29.99$ which will be eaten up like an all you can eat buffet in the middle of subsaharan Africa".

Call of Duty, now we can attach it to anything and twelve year olds will touch the place they make pee pee from after doing 360 no scopes will buy it.
MegaMonkeyChunk
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ginga-ninja Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:49 am

MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:So how long before Call of Duty: Tactical Kart Racing?

Also, I'm gonna expect 2-3 CoD games a year and at least 3 remakes of CoD4 with "new engines" and "new never before seen single player levels where you'll only get half the story with the rest of the story coming as DLC costing 29.99$ which will be eaten up like an all you can eat buffet in the middle of subsaharan Africa".

Call of Duty, now we can attach it to anything and twelve year olds will touch the place they make pee pee from after doing 360 no scopes will buy it.

They'll touch their kidneys?
ginga-ninja
ginga-ninja
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:31 am

ginga-ninja wrote:
MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:So how long before Call of Duty: Tactical Kart Racing?

They'll touch their kidneys?

If it gets them high, kids will do anything. I'm starting a trend where violent self mutilation is fashionable and stylish.
MegaMonkeyChunk
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheen Your Strange Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:39 am

mellow(802) wrote:A military MMO

Already been done. Sucked

or even an RTS could be a lot of fun. Company of Heroes
Wheen Your Strange
Wheen Your Strange
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  mellow(802) Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:58 am

Wheen Your Strange wrote:

What I'm trying to say here Mr. Positive is that someone might actually get it right. Wouldn't that make people happy? Or is the industry destined to fail because people want to hate on everthing before things even go into production.
mellow(802)
mellow(802)
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheen Your Strange Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:00 am

mellow(802) wrote:
Wheen Your Strange wrote:

What I'm trying to say here Mr. Positive is that someone might actually get it right. Wouldn't that make people happy? Or is the industry destined to fail because people want to hate on everthing before things even go into production.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/company-of-heroes

93... they got it right...
Wheen Your Strange
Wheen Your Strange
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  ginga-ninja Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:46 pm

Guitar Hero and True Crime are dead. Now there are 5 studios working on CoD games... Dpu5cK
ginga-ninja
ginga-ninja
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  iSnipeZz Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:33 am

Actually six studios. Certain Affinity works on COD too. Pretty soon they'll be releasing multiple COD's a year, just like Guitar Hero.

iSnipeZz
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:59 am

iSnipeZz wrote:Actually six studios. Certain Affinity works on COD too. Pretty soon they'll be releasing multiple COD's a year, just like Guitar Hero.

That won't cause the demand to go down at all yay

Spoiler:
MegaMonkeyChunk
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  mellow(802) Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:49 am

Respawn news...
mellow(802)
mellow(802)
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  EvanErgo Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:59 am

mellow(802) wrote:Respawn news...
O_O well well well, I wonder how this dream team type company will turn out.
EvanErgo
EvanErgo
Forum Recruiter
Forum Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post  mellow(802) Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:26 am

I know, I"m pretty stoked about this news myself, being a total GOW fanboy.
mellow(802)
mellow(802)
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down