The Power Forums
Hello and welcome to The Power Forums! Please take this time to register or log in! See you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Power Forums
Hello and welcome to The Power Forums! Please take this time to register or log in! See you soon!
The Power Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LA Noire Tech Trailer

+2
Hardline Pro
Wheen Your Strange
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

LA Noire Tech Trailer - Page 2 Empty Re: LA Noire Tech Trailer

Post  mellow(802) Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:20 am

MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:Naming something something that is isn't is just wrong.

Not sure I get you here.

I think that IW did a much better job with weapons models and sounds. Was it 100% technically correct? No.

I don't feel it necessary to mimic "real life" 100%. This isn't just for shooters either. If driving games were 100% accurate, they wouldn't be any fun . Sacrifices for game play must be made. Like I said, I appreciate "realism" but I want my game to be fun too. If they call it an M4 or CQB Bullet Launcher I don't care as long as the game is fun. You should never expect a video game to be an accurate reflection of any real life situtation because video games, by their very nature are "fake".
mellow(802)
mellow(802)
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

LA Noire Tech Trailer - Page 2 Empty Re: LA Noire Tech Trailer

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:49 am

mellow(802) wrote:
MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:Naming something something that is isn't is just wrong.

Not sure I get you here.

I think that IW did a much better job with weapons models and sounds. Was it 100% technically correct? No.

I don't feel it necessary to mimic "real life" 100%. This isn't just for shooters either. If driving games were 100% accurate, they wouldn't be any fun . Sacrifices for game play must be made. Like I said, I appreciate "realism" but I want my game to be fun too. If they call it an M4 or CQB Bullet Launcher I don't care as long as the game is fun. You should never expect a video game to be an accurate reflection of any real life situtation because video games, by their very nature are "fake".

While I can see where you're coming from, I kinda agree and disagree at the same time. Yes, I love a fun game just as much as the next guy. Its just that the way they treat firearms in games, you'd think its just some 8 year old just learning about his basic assault rifles from a picture book. I don't expect a 100% real life exact down to the the selector switch clicks when it goes from semi to full auto, but I do want the gun to have some semblance to its real life counter part. Then, after the basic model of the gun is correct, it needs the correct sound, correct amount of rounds in the magazine (20 rounds in a 20 round magazine, not like Black Ops that somehow stuffs 30 rounds into a 20 round magazine and 45 rounds into a 30 round magazine). Then remember to name it correctly. Don't just look at a manufacturer's name and just name the gun. Its like looking at a Remington shotgun and just calling it "Remington". Muzzle flash also has to be appropriate as well. Less with a flash hider and more with a muzzle break. Other minor things include not having rifle brass eject from pistol caliber firearms (like an Uzi somehow dropping .223 Remington brass) and other minor things.
MegaMonkeyChunk
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2