The Power Forums
Hello and welcome to The Power Forums! Please take this time to register or log in! See you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Power Forums
Hello and welcome to The Power Forums! Please take this time to register or log in! See you soon!
The Power Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Books...The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 100 characters.

+6
mellow(802)
Hardline Pro
Wsxdas
EvanErgo
L4MB
Dekaka
10 posters

Go down

Books...The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 100 characters. Empty Books...The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 100 characters.

Post  Dekaka Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:27 am

Hello fellow members of this forum!

Lately I have been quite bored of my everyday reading of classic novels. The old literature I have been reading is nothing but gibberish. Boring, I say, boring!

I need some recommendations of what I should read.

Has anyone ever read any good books that I might be attracted to read myself? If so, please post in my thread.

Thank you.
Dekaka
Dekaka
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Books...The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 100 characters. Empty Re: Books...The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 100 characters.

Post  L4MB Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:34 am

I have 2 suggestions.
1: The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. I wasn't really an SK fan until I read The Gunslinger. The story across the entire series is incredible and epic. It's a great blend of genres from western, fantasy, horror, science fiction. It's sooooo good.
2: Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh. It's a great story even if you've seen the film. The only tough thing is that it's written in Scottish English. It doesnae make sense when ye start readin it, ken?
L4MB
L4MB
Forum Police Officer
Forum Police Officer

Back to top Go down

Books...The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 100 characters. Empty Re: Books...The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 100 characters.

Post  EvanErgo Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:38 am

Twilight, all of them.

Anything with zombies is good. Real zombies tho, not those damn "infected" that run at 30mph and and jump over fences and shit.
EvanErgo
EvanErgo
Forum Recruiter
Forum Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post  Wsxdas Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:12 am

The n00b warriors is good, it was a nice short read after I finished Leo tolstoy's war and peace. study
Wsxdas
Wsxdas
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Hardline Pro Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:49 pm

Stephen King's It

/thread
Hardline Pro
Hardline Pro
Admin
Admin

https://thepowerforum.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mellow(802) Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:43 pm

You should read this book. It's the true story that inspired Moby Dick. There is cannalbalism in it so it's gotta be good right?

Best book ever...
mellow(802)
mellow(802)
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:33 pm

Books...The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 100 characters. Larry-Winget-Shut-Up-Stop-Whining-G
MegaMonkeyChunk
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wsxdas Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:36 pm

Two things, first read LAMB, by Christopher Moore. Genious book about what Jesus and his pal Biff did in the years not in the bible. Including fucking sluts and shit.
Second thing, you can use the spacebar to make it ten characters and not change the title.
Wsxdas
Wsxdas
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheen Your Strange Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:55 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Gospel-Flying-Spaghetti-Monster/dp/0812976568
Wheen Your Strange
Wheen Your Strange
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Patty Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:15 am

I just finished Looking For Alaska by John Green, and it was absolutely phenomenal. One of the best books I have ever read.

I also recommend Beat the Reaper, by someone who I forget.
Patty
Patty
Community VIP
Community VIP

http://www.twitter.com/patefacio_

Back to top Go down

Post  PandasFanboy Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:30 am

i cant read books. i just cant do it.

PandasFanboy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down