The Power Forums
Hello and welcome to The Power Forums! Please take this time to register or log in! See you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Power Forums
Hello and welcome to The Power Forums! Please take this time to register or log in! See you soon!
The Power Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Can Haz Programming Skillz?

3 posters

Go down

I Can Haz Programming Skillz? Empty I Can Haz Programming Skillz?

Post  Wheen Your Strange Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:35 am

Since I'm sure none of you know (Except for DP, since he's considerate enough to ask... douchebags... I love you ), I've gotten into computer programming recently, mostly making little automation or fun little programs to mess around with, but I've finely made something relatively worth while, so I thought that I'd release it here to get some feedback. Smile

Since I'm a lazy bum, I'm just going to quote my post on another website:
Wheen From Another Site wrote:This started off as more of a personal thing, since I found myself streaming music off of youtube more and more as the RIAA started suing people for pirating stuff. Wink

Basically, all this does is add a UI and other media-player like features, and then cleverly manipulates the URL to achieve the desired effect (For example, when clicking on the time like, it will load the page again, from that point). Then it streams the video and sound, creating a media player Smile

The advantage to using this over simply pirating the music is that, first off, it's completely legal, it even visits YouTube as if it were just some dude wanting to see the music video. Second, the file sizes are ridiculously small, since everything is being streamed. So if you have a netbook, this may be a good way to free up some space. Third, the amount of available songs is near infinite. Hell, you can even listen to Freddie Wong shoot some people, if that's your thing Smile

There are also some disadvantages. One being that you cannot touch the web browser object at all, or it'll screw up. I'm utterly dumbfounded on how to fix this, I've tried making custom components, adding invisible stuff over it, and a lot more, but none of it has worked yet.

Then there are some stuff that I still want to do. Firstly, I'd like to use the YouTube API eventually, if this is received well. It'll fix some of our problems, hopefully. Secondly, I'd like to allow dragging of listViewItems from the ListView into the TreeView and have the songs go into the respective playlist. I would have implemented this before releasing, but I have very little experience with dragging and all the tutorials online didn't have anything with my specific instance. And like I said, this was more of a way to streamline my experience. Third, I want to add sorting via columns in the listview (I know, juvenile stuff, but for some reason I can't do it. Even using the "ListViewColumnSorter" class provided by msdn)

Download Link (Source and Binary included)
Alternate Link (Binary Only)
Virus Scan

Also, report any bugs you see, crashes, or even just something that you think could be improved to me either in this thread or via PM. Anything that could possibly make the experience better for the end user is welcomed.

Screenshot:
I Can Haz Programming Skillz? DkL99

So yea, I'd really like some input on it. Anything goes, bugs, suggestions, anything constructive is greatly appreciated.
Wheen Your Strange
Wheen Your Strange
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

I Can Haz Programming Skillz? Empty Re: I Can Haz Programming Skillz?

Post  Wsxdas Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:06 am

Ooh, that's nifty. Also, last post is mein.
Wsxdas
Wsxdas
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheen Your Strange Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:49 am

Wsxdas wrote:Ooh, that's nifty. Also, last post is mein.

In your dreams.

And updated. New features: Drag & Drop, sort by column, shortcuts, and "Video Only" mode.
Wheen Your Strange
Wheen Your Strange
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  SOG_player69 Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:47 pm

cool, me likey
SOG_player69
SOG_player69
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum