The Power Forums
Hello and welcome to The Power Forums! Please take this time to register or log in! See you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Power Forums
Hello and welcome to The Power Forums! Please take this time to register or log in! See you soon!
The Power Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone have their wistom teeth pulled?

+2
Wheen Your Strange
SeanSim
6 posters

Go down

Anyone have their wistom teeth pulled? Empty Anyone have their wistom teeth pulled?

Post  SeanSim Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:21 am

I'm looking in the mirror and it kinda looks like my bottom left wisdom tooth is...cracking or something. So I'm probably gonna look into getting it pulled soon.

But I'm always nervous about surgeries and stuff. I haven't had anything like that done since I had eye surgery when I was a wee lad.

So, I just want to know if there is anyone here who has had their teeth pulled. What was the process like? Quick and easy and didn't feel a thing? How was the recovery process? Did you have to be careful about not opening up the old wound?

Thanks. Sad
SeanSim
SeanSim
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Anyone have their wistom teeth pulled? Empty Re: Anyone have their wistom teeth pulled?

Post  Wheen Your Strange Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:30 am

I don't have them. Actually, I don't have like 5 teeth, and two of my mollers fused together. I have a very shitty mouth. (Physically and profanatically)
Wheen Your Strange
Wheen Your Strange
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Anyone have their wistom teeth pulled? Empty Re: Anyone have their wistom teeth pulled?

Post  EvanErgo Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:51 pm

My experience wasn't bad at all. Went in and got it all looked at since I had a cavity in one, decided to get them pulled. A few days later I went back in and they numbed my mouth and pulled them. I don't think they usually put you "to sleep", I think thats only if you ask for it. Only one of the four had a hard time coming out. It's weird when your jaw is that numb, you can feel the dentist using lots of force to break it lose but you don't feel anything. Really, He could have stabbed me in the gums and I wouldn't have even noticed.

I think it was a bit over an hour later and I was done. They write you a prescription for painkillers and tell you not to do certain things while the spots where there were teeth are healing. It was mostly "Don't spit" and "don't eat bread or hard food". It only bothered me the first day or two but I think it was more of a headache then tooth ache. The painkillers didn't agree with me and I spent the day hugging the toilet. You get to eat loads of jello and ice cream for a week or so afterwards. I ended up trying to eat pizza with only my front teeth once jello got boring.

Took one and a half to two weeks and it was pretty much done. Now I can't even remember what they felt like. I remember brushing my teeth felt a lot easier after it was all healed. My sister didn't pay attention to the do's and dont's and ended up opening up one of the spots, from what I understand it was pretty painful. My brother-in-law had to have his jaw broken to get them out I think. Just depends on how the teeth grew in.
EvanErgo
EvanErgo
Forum Recruiter
Forum Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post  ginga-ninja Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:10 pm

I have to get my jaw broken and brought forward, and like 4 teeth pulled out and braces on top and bottom. my teeth are fucked, at least all of this is free.
ginga-ninja
ginga-ninja
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:56 pm

I got all 4 of them removed last year. Thankfully the dentist gave me Oxycontin to help with the pain. The side effects of the Oxycontin were the worst part but the actual getting them removed was terrific. Maybe it was because my hand was jammed on the top/inner thigh of the hot blond dental assistant leaning over beside me to help the dentist. Its like she didn't even notice it.
MegaMonkeyChunk
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Patty Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:03 am

Got mine out almost a year ago to the day. Had two removed on each side of the bottom of my mouth.

My dad is a dental surgeon, so he did it for me. I opted for the general anesthetic, and I would recommend going for that too. The surgery isn't the hard part. My cheeks are a bit chubby, so they swelled up a fair bit. They were swollen for the better part of a week, and there wasn't much I could do about it. It wasn't the best experience, but now it's better that they're out.
Patty
Patty
Community VIP
Community VIP

http://www.twitter.com/patefacio_

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanSim Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:54 am

I'd probably see if I could get put to sleep. I dunno how well I could handle feeling my teeth 'n' stuff getting pulled.

I probably could, but I also know I'm mostly a pussy when it comes to stuff like that.
SeanSim
SeanSim
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:06 am

SeanSim wrote:I'd probably see if I could get put to sleep. I dunno how well I could handle feeling my teeth 'n' stuff getting pulled.

I probably could, but I also know I'm mostly a pussy when it comes to stuff like that.

The usually put your mouth to sleep with a sharp needle followed by a second sharp needle and I don't know how many more because I didn't feel them.
MegaMonkeyChunk
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanSim Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:05 am

MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:The usually put your mouth to sleep with a sharp needle followed by a second sharp needle and I don't know how many more because I didn't feel them.

I have had my mouth numbed before, so I know what that's all about.

I still think it just feels too strange. I dunno, I'll have to see how I feel when I actually decide to get it done!
SeanSim
SeanSim
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum