The Power Forums
Hello and welcome to The Power Forums! Please take this time to register or log in! See you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Power Forums
Hello and welcome to The Power Forums! Please take this time to register or log in! See you soon!
The Power Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

+3
Wheen Your Strange
Demonicpopcorn
SeanSim
7 posters

Go down

Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched. Empty Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  SeanSim Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:51 am

Seriously. I wish people would think a little more clearly and stop giving into their instant gratification needs. Because, for me, it's kind of killing the Call of Duty title.

So, we all know that there are things that are broken with Modern Warfare 2. And I'm not even talking about imbalances like Painkiller and knifing. I'm talking about things that are actually broken, e.g., silencer, iron sights, incorrect names, and other strange things like FAL's holo sight giving more damage. These are things that are actually broken with the game. And I'm also going to include Tactical Insertion cheating/boosting in the list of things that are broken.

Anyway, I really do hope that Infinity Ward plan on releasing a patch for Modern Warfare 2. Because if they don't, I will NOT be buying Black Ops. And for the same reason that I refuse to buy the map packs for Modern Warfare 2: I refuse to give money to a company that refuses to produce quality products.

Now, sure, Infinity Ward and Treyarch are different companies. But they are both governed by Activision. And I'm sure that Activision has some sort of say in how and if patches get released. I feel like Activision is above Infinity Ward's head saying things like, "Don't worry about patching this game. We'll just make bigger expectations for Black Ops. Then everyone will buy that game hoping it will have the fixes they want." I don't know if this is exactly how it's going on, but that is definitely how it feels to me.

I no longer want to be part of the Call of Duty gaggle if customers' grievances get kicked to the curb. Well, more importantly, I don't want to be part of the Call of Duty gaggle if the makers of the games do not care about making the quality games that they used to make (CoD:UO and CoD2).

There are things that are BROKEN with this game and have been broken since day one. Sure, some of the "game-breaking" glitches have been patched (infinite Care Package, Care Package speed boost, exploding Javelins), but what about all of the non-game-breaking problems? I guess they just aren't all that important?

The way I see it, if such things aren't worth patching, then the game just isn't worth buying. It may be minor, but I'm sure they could have easily been fixed had they tried. Or at least had something like, "Yes we are going to fix this, it's just going to take time."

I really hope that 402 is being truthful about Modern Warfare 2 getting a final patch. And that this final patch will be the mother-of-all-patches that will fix all of the issues. Because if this doesn't happen, I have plenty of other games I could spend my money on.

Sorry about the rant, but just wanted to get that off my chest. Smile

tl;dr: If Modern Warfare 2 doesn't get a patch, then I will think that Activision/Infinity Ward/Treyarch do not care about making quality games. And I will no longer buy from them.

Last edited by SeanSim on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
SeanSim
SeanSim
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched. Empty Re: Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  Demonicpopcorn Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:53 am

Can you post a summary please.
Demonicpopcorn
Demonicpopcorn
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched. Empty Re: Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  SeanSim Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:58 am

Demonicpopcorn wrote:Can you post a summary please.

Done, lazy. Mad
SeanSim
SeanSim
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonicpopcorn Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:03 am

SeanSim wrote:
Demonicpopcorn wrote:Can you post a summary please.

Done, lazy. Mad
thanks

I will get it because all my dick friends would abandon me if I didn't.
Demonicpopcorn
Demonicpopcorn
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheen Your Strange Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:43 am

Get it on PC, Treyarch usually has much better support for the PC version.
Wheen Your Strange
Wheen Your Strange
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonicpopcorn Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:52 am

Wheen Your Strange wrote:Get it on XBOX, Treyarch usually has much better support for the XBOX version.
Stop lying to yourself.
Demonicpopcorn
Demonicpopcorn
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanSim Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:39 am

Demonicpopcorn wrote:I will get it because all my dick friends would abandon me if I didn't.

When your friends turn their backs on you, you turn your back on your friends.

Or something.

Wheen Your Strange wrote:Get it on PC, Treyarch usually has much better support for the PC version.

No U!

I'm not much of a PC gamer. But that might change with the unnecessary XBox Live price increase coming up.
SeanSim
SeanSim
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheen Your Strange Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:43 am

Demonicpopcorn wrote:
Wheen Your Strange wrote:Get it on PC, Treyarch usually has much better support for the PC version.
Stop lying to yourself.
Seriously, stop trolling.

Plus, its a fact.
Wheen Your Strange
Wheen Your Strange
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonicpopcorn Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:48 am

Wheen Your Strange wrote:
Demonicpopcorn wrote:
Stop lying to yourself.

Plus, its a fact.
is that why the pc gets dlc first? i dont even play on xbox so calm down.
Demonicpopcorn
Demonicpopcorn
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheen Your Strange Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:51 am

Demonicpopcorn wrote:
Demonicpopcorn wrote:
Stop lying to yourself.

Plus, its a fact.
We don't pay for it at all. We get mods. We get patches that the Consoles never see, since Treyarch can give them directly to us, instead of going through Microsoft/Sony.

I'm not angry at all. Just when you constantly edit people's quotes, thats trolling.

EDIT: Check my post count. Oh ya. Very Happy
Wheen Your Strange
Wheen Your Strange
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  §cIoN Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:45 pm

Demonicpopcorn wrote:
Demonicpopcorn wrote:
Stop lying to yourself.

Plus, its a fact.
We don't pay for it at all. We get mods. We get patches that the Consoles never see, since Treyarch can give them directly to us, instead of going through Microsoft/Sony.

I'm not angry at all. Just when you constantly edit people's quotes, thats trolling.

EDIT: Check my post count. Oh ya. Very Happy

Pc also has a much larger hacker base.... which is true for any game on both PC and consoles.

I have a lot of friends that play on pc, and they say half the games they enter aren't even playable.

And from all the FPS games I've played on PC, I can attest to this.
§cIoN
§cIoN
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:20 pm

Well, almost 70% of the guns in Black Ops are wrong in one way or another. Does that count?
MegaMonkeyChunk
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Post  L4MB Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:29 pm

I like this thread, mostly because it goes against a lot of what people are saying right now regarding IW vs Treyarch and the hope that now lies in Black Ops.
Ever since CoD4, there has been this stigma at about this time of year where people are getting fed up with the current gen CoD title, and are sure as hell that the next one is going to be the be all, end all of video games. W@W was supposed to balance out the weapons. No more MP5 and M16. We all know how that went.
Then MW2 was supposed to do that as well, and we were promised bigger and better things. Well, we certainly got bigger things; better things is debatable. Tons of glitches, tons of exploits, and certain weapons still rise to the top of the heap (not saying I could do better, I think it is the nature of the beast when so many weapons are included. Some are just better than others)
Now Black Ops will give us no glitches, un-hackable, fully balanced, no exploit gameplay, fully supported by Treyarch and I certainly doubt that will happen.
Not saying "don't hope for the future", but I am saying "prepare yourself for what might be". If you expect a StarCraft II type balance in a game that was in development for less than 2 years, you're living in a dream. (This is not directed at anybody here, just in general.)
L4MB
L4MB
Forum Police Officer
Forum Police Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:32 pm

L4MB wrote:I like this thread, mostly because it goes against a lot of what people are saying right now regarding IW vs Treyarch and the hope that now lies in Black Ops.
Ever since CoD4, there has been this stigma at about this time of year where people are getting fed up with the current gen CoD title, and are sure as hell that the next one is going to be the be all, end all of video games. W@W was supposed to balance out the weapons. No more MP5 and M16. We all know how that went.
Then MW2 was supposed to do that as well, and we were promised bigger and better things. Well, we certainly got bigger things; better things is debatable. Tons of glitches, tons of exploits, and certain weapons still rise to the top of the heap (not saying I could do better, I think it is the nature of the beast when so many weapons are included. Some are just better than others)
Now Black Ops will give us no glitches, un-hackable, fully balanced, no exploit gameplay, fully supported by Treyarch and I certainly doubt that will happen.
Not saying "don't hope for the future", but I am saying "prepare yourself for what might be". If you expect a StarCraft II type balance in a game that was in development for less than 2 years, you're living in a dream. (This is not directed at anybody here, just in general.)

Exactly what I am saying. I'm not expecting much in MP. I am expecting Zombies to be good though.
MegaMonkeyChunk
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  ginga-ninja Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:39 pm

MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:
L4MB wrote:I like this thread, mostly because it goes against a lot of what people are saying right now regarding IW vs Treyarch and the hope that now lies in Black Ops.

Exactly what I am saying. I'm not expecting much in MP. I am expecting Zombies to be good though.

Whoop, zombehs!!
ginga-ninja
ginga-ninja
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:04 am

ginga-ninja wrote:
MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:

Whoop, zombehs!!

It will be epic.
MegaMonkeyChunk
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonicpopcorn Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:20 am

Zombies are not that fun.
Demonicpopcorn
Demonicpopcorn
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:29 am

Demonicpopcorn wrote:Zombies are not that fun.

http://dawnmasuoka.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/gasp.jpg
MegaMonkeyChunk
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheen Your Strange Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:13 am

MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:

He's right, Nazi Zombies sucks.
Wheen Your Strange
Wheen Your Strange
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:34 pm

MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:

He's right, Nazi Zombies sucks.

Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched. ___GASP_by_Dokuro.png
MegaMonkeyChunk
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonicpopcorn Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:53 am

heh heh heh
Demonicpopcorn
Demonicpopcorn
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post  ginga-ninja Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:54 pm

Demonicpopcorn wrote:heh heh heh

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAH!!!!
ginga-ninja
ginga-ninja
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:34 pm

ginga-ninja wrote:
Demonicpopcorn wrote:heh heh heh

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAH!!!!

Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched. Bernie_pirates
MegaMonkeyChunk
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down