The Power Forums
Hello and welcome to The Power Forums! Please take this time to register or log in! See you soon!

Mah Abridiged Hookey Curd Coelleczion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mah Abridiged Hookey Curd Coelleczion

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:06 am

Just feel like showing off some of my more "rare" and "valuable" cards. There will be a short description + if they're numbered, I'll list what they're numbered to (IE how many were made and which number my card is unless they just say 1 OF 10 which is just a generic numbering that some cards have)

NOTE: Some of "rare" and "valuable" cards are not listed because I don't feel like rummaging through binders to scan them. Also, some are just there because I like them.

NOTE: Some scans are quite big and will get cut off by the forums stupid shit so as we used to say on the Beckett Forums, 256k BEWARE!!

In the Game (manufacturer, will be shortened to ITG for the following cards from this manufacturer) Heroes and Prospects (set) 07-08 (year) GOLD Net Prospects (insert set) Carey Price (player) /10 (how many were made)

It features a piece of a jersey Carey Price wore during a game. Got it in a pack because the regional multiplier (meaning because he's on a local team he gets a premium) on Carey Price is just insane. The regular Net Prospects that isn't GOLD is numbered to 90 (which I also have).

In the Game Heroes and Prospects 06-07 GOLD Emblems #s 02, 28, 53, 57 (what number they were in the set because their names would take to long to type) /10

These are mostly nobodies but I got the first 3 because I loved things that were low numbered and at the right price. The 4th one I got because I really liked the patch because it featured lettering which adds a premium to its value (not that I ever pay the premium. I bought a lot of cards from usually the same 3-4 guys so I always payed less) The cards all feature a piece of game worn emblem (the huge team logo and the front or on the shoulders). Regular Emblem cards were numbered to 30

ITG Heroes and Prospects 05-06 Nameplates #s 28, 39, 55, 68 /20

All these cards feature a piece of game worn nameplate (their name on the back of the jersey). Again, more nobodies but nameplate cards are rarely made so I snatched them up when I could. They had GOLD variants that were numbered to 1 meaning there was only one of them, but I only saw one and it was way out of my price range.

ITG Between the Pipes 06-07 GOLD Double Jersey Worters/Brimsek /10

Pulled this one myself. Features pieces of jersey dating back to the 1930s from the New York Americans on the left and the All Star Game on the right. I've seen only one other GOLD variant of this card which had multi color swatches (slang for pieces of jersey) for both players. A rare card for sure.

ITG Between the Pipes 06-07 GOLD Double Memorabilia Tiny Thompson /10

I remember picking this one up for 25$ which is a steal for something this rare. It features a piece of Tiny Thompson's glove and pad from the 1930s.

The description is on the top (left in this picture) of the card.

I almost shit my pants with excitement when the guy let this go for less than 50$. Getting an autograph of the best coach of all time and one of the biggest Canadiens icons of all time is a cool, but getting them on the same card is even better. There is a gold 1/1 version but that would probably cost a fortune.

And now for something completely different before we hit the real money, baseball cards. Also, my more valuable cars won't have the same precise description since I never wrote it down and because I'm too lazy to go check.

A bat card of some guy numbered to 100, a Milton Bradley autograph card (from the Expos which I miss dearly) a 1/1 Cyan Printing Press card of some Asian dude (which I picked up for 20$ and can now make my own price for it since I own the only one) some shitty draft card I got for a buck of some guy you can't even see the face of (its a gimmick to make the card like a note pad where you lift up the flap and see his face and minor league stats) and a triple memorabilia card of Toronto Blue Hay player numbered to 25 which features a piece of patch, shirt and bat.

My first "BIG" pull came from McDonald's in 2003. These cards are so rare, even in this condition (has a dinged corner) I can easily get 150$ for it.

It features a piece of emblem and is numbered to 100.

A Jeff Friesen Base Card 1/1 Parallel (on the right but it got cut off) next to a regular base card worth not even 10 cents.

Since I'm the only one who owns it and therefore make up my own value for it, its worth 5 quadrillion dollars. I bought it for 40$

A very pretty multi colored patch/auto card of Doug Badger (who?) /10.

Picked it up for less than 50$. Easily worth 100$.

Calgary Flames Quad patch numbered to 5

Unfortunately, 2 of the patches are straight white patches which hurts the value a little but not enough to drastically change the price due to the rarity of the card. I pulled this card myself.

A Sidney Crosby jersey/auto card numbered to 87 (his jersey number)

At the time I got this card, it was worth 500$ straight out of the pack. It went down to 450$ some time afterward but I heard it rose back to 500$ sometime later. Easily my most "valuable" pull in terms of something you can actually put a value on since it isn't so scarce.

Michael Ryder 1/1 Auto Parallel

Pulled this one myself while in the car. Was definitely awesome since at the time he still played for the Canadiens before getting traded to Boston the following year. This one is worth 500 quadrillion dollars.

Now, for the ultimate cornerstone of my collection. I bought the following card for 165$, the most I've ever spent on a single card. I bought it while on vacation at a card show in Maine. Luckily Americans know less than Jamaicans when it comes to hockey which is why I got it for so cheap. Without further stalling...

Hot Prospects 06-07 Kris Letang 1/1 Auto/Shield

A shield card is probably the most sought after, rarest kind of hockey card since they are all 1/1s. I never thought I would own one, but I did manage to get one in the least likely of places. Now I keep it locked up where nobody can cause any harm to it and only take it out occasionally to look at by myself.

Well I hope you enjoyed this little peak at my collection. There are plenty more cards I haven't scanned and don't plan on scanning in the near future. Thank you.

MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

View user profile http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mah Abridiged Hookey Curd Coelleczion

Post  Demonicpopcorn on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:14 am

oh my.... all canadians love hockey Shocked
Demonicpopcorn
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  L4MB on Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:28 am

What do you mean "pulled/pull"?
Also, I don't know much about cards, but you seem to have some pretty rare ones.
L4MB
Forum Police Officer
Forum Police Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ginga-ninja on Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:32 am

Hurley is betterer.
ginga-ninja
Community VIP
Community VIP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheen Your Strange on Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:53 am

I know... 3 of those people... ^__^
Wheen Your Strange
Community VIP
Community VIP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hardline Pro on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:00 am

Wheen Your Strange wrote:I know... 3 of those people... ^__^

That's 3 more than I know...

Unfortunately, Mac Taylor is not in this signature, so Donald Flack Jr. will be representing CSI: NY instead.

Have a question or comment? Do you need help with something? Send me a private message or ask me on Twitter!
Hardline Pro
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://thepowerforum.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheen Your Strange on Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:11 pm

Hardline Pro wrote:
Wheen Your Strange wrote:I know... 3 of those people... ^__^

That's 3 more than I know...

You don't know Syndey Crosby?

Have you never watched ESPN?
Wheen Your Strange
Community VIP
Community VIP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Patty on Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:54 pm

Awesome collection
Patty
Community VIP
Community VIP

View user profile http://www.twitter.com/patefacio_

Back to top Go down

Post  Hardline Pro on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:17 pm

Wheen Your Strange wrote:You don't know Syndey Crosby?

Have you never watched ESPN?

I'm not really into sports, but it looks like and interesting hobby MMC. Shocked

Unfortunately, Mac Taylor is not in this signature, so Donald Flack Jr. will be representing CSI: NY instead.

Have a question or comment? Do you need help with something? Send me a private message or ask me on Twitter!
Hardline Pro
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://thepowerforum.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:28 am

Thanks goois.

L4MB wrote:What do you mean "pulled/pull"?
Also, I don't know much about cards, but you seem to have some pretty rare ones.

Its slang for RECIEVED IN A PACK.
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

View user profile http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: