The Power Forums
Hello and welcome to The Power Forums! Please take this time to register or log in! See you soon!

Official Car Thread

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Official Car Thread

Post  Jassie on Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:27 am

Dream car: Lotus Elise

Ill end up getting my moms Buick Regal or something from a junkyard though >.>

Jassie
Noob
Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  L4MB on Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:48 am

Jassie wrote:Dream car: Lotus Elise

Yeah, those are nice. A guy in my neighbourhood has one, but I haven't ever seen it outside of his garage.
L4MB
Forum Police Officer
Forum Police Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stealth on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:19 am

Dream Car

Lamborghini Reventon

http://www.fallingpixel.com/products/6951/mains/Lamborghini%20reventon%2001.jpg

They only made a total of 20 of them.
Stealth
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jassie on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:42 am

L4MB wrote:
Jassie wrote:Dream car: Lotus Elise

Yeah, those are nice. A guy in my neighbourhood has one, but I haven't ever seen it outside of his garage.
I dont blame him.

If I had one it would mostly be for show. It wouldnt be my usual everyday car. Id be devastated if anything happened to it.

Jassie
Noob
Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheen Your Strange on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:14 pm

2012 Nissan GT-R has 0-60 of 2.9 seconds

Holy shit. With pricing from $80-100k, this car is even more insane performance for price.
Wheen Your Strange
Community VIP
Community VIP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  L4MB on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Wheen Your Strange wrote:2012 Nissan GT-R has 0-60 of 2.9 seconds

Holy shit. With pricing from $80-100k, this car is even more insane performance for price.
Those are crazy fast. I like 'em, but really, who wouldn't?
L4MB
Forum Police Officer
Forum Police Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RZRsharpKLR on Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:15 am

Wheen Your Strange wrote:2012 Nissan GT-R has 0-60 of 2.9 seconds

Yeah the Nissan GTR is a beast on the road, but $84,000 is a price most can't afford. However it is indeed the king of the road when it comes to an "affordable" supercar. If anyone's interested and doesn't feel like looking up the statistics on it I'll put some up for you.

Engine: Nissan DOHC 3.0 Liter VR38DETT (Twin-Turbo) 24-Valve V6 / 480 - 490HP & 430 - 435 Ft-Lb. @ 6,400RPM
The motor was hand-built by only ONE man in its shop using a clean environment using aluminum pistons and cylinder block with plasma sprayed bores. It uses a pressurized lubrication system with an thermostatically controlled magnesium oil sump, Continuously Variable Valve Timing Control System (CVTCS), Fully symmetrical dual intake with a secondary intake system for rapid heat catalysts to improve cleaning.

Transmission / Drivetrain: ATESSA E-TS All Wheel Drive Dual-Clutch 6 Speed with a rear-mounted transaxle
The tranny was also built by ONE man and its clean environment. TCS (Electronic Traction Control System), VDC (Advanced Vehicle Dynamics Controller with three driver-chosen driving modes. Normal, R-Mode, and Off) Semi-Automatic tranny setup with Fully Automatic setting and Full sequential manual control with column-mounted paddle shifters. Rigid, lightweight carbon composite driveshaft connected to a hi-preformance 1.5-way limited slip differential.

Brakes / Suspension: Brembo 4-Wheel 15 inch two-piece floating rotors with 6-piston calipers using 3-point dynamic radial mounting. Bilstein DampTronic suspension system with three driver-selectable modes. Front and rear double wishbone cambers with aluminum links. Rigid front and rear subframes, put together with precision jigs similar to a racecar. Hollow front and rear stabilizer bars for maximum tire to road contact while high-speed cornering.

Well that was a mouthful. DAMN I know cars like MMC knows guns......
RZRsharpKLR
Forum Police Officer
Forum Police Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  L4MB on Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:22 am

What about the SpecV? A bit of a disappointment IMHO. Costs more than double for the same engine with the same horsepower. They did a bunch of body upgrades and made the thing lighter, as well as adding that "Twin Turbo Boost" thing, but I don't think the price is justified.
L4MB
Forum Police Officer
Forum Police Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RZRsharpKLR on Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:32 am

L4MB wrote:What about the SpecV? A bit of a disappointment IMHO. Costs more than double for the same engine with the same horsepower. They did a bunch of body upgrades and made the thing lighter, as well as adding that "Twin Turbo Boost" thing, but I don't think the price is justified.

I'll agree with this in some ways, but making as much lighter as they did and adding the variable boost controller adds alot more performance than you'd think. First off, you should know if you kept a car at the same horsepower and made it lighter, it'd be faster that before. Its the same concept only you can control how much boost pressure the turbocharger is kicking out. Pushing the car to even further limits. But Nissan also added reinforced chassis stabilizers that work similarly to the sway bars and reduce overall body sway on high speed cornering. I don't think its worth the $125,000 they're making it out for, but they're just a bunch of greedy Japs. Razz
RZRsharpKLR
Forum Police Officer
Forum Police Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  L4MB on Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:17 am

Yeah, I understand that decreasing the weight and keeping the power the same should translate to faster acceleration. Would it necessarily be faster, though? Top speed wise?
L4MB
Forum Police Officer
Forum Police Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RZRsharpKLR on Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:40 am

L4MB wrote:Yeah, I understand that decreasing the weight and keeping the power the same should translate to faster acceleration. Would it necessarily be faster, though? Top speed wise?

Top speed, no. Acceleration, yes. In fact acceleration increase is decently substantial because of the weight reduction, and variable boost controller. Overall top speed wouldn't necessarily matter in a racecar of the GTR's class anyway. In a professional race you wouldn't usually get much father than 160MPH anyway. So any extra speed wouldn't really do much good. Now being lighter on its feet, makes it more agile in manueverablilty and high-speed cornering therefore, the translation / meaing of this Spec-V GTR is for racing purposes. Street use is pointless.
RZRsharpKLR
Forum Police Officer
Forum Police Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RZRsharpKLR on Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:19 am

Nissan is still refusing the release of the so called "secret" on how to remove the limiter chip from the 3rd gen Skyline's even though, most Skyline owners know how to remove it. Further info reveals removing the limiter chip adds an additional 225-239hp to the already stock 276hp.

FUN FACT: If you owned a '98 Supra, and have $6,000 you have about 800hp right there.... fucking awesome.....

In other news, my fucking Camaro looks like shit when its all sanded down and being prepped for paint, in the meantime, we have successfully been kicked out by a black bitch downstairs (Not joking) and we are moving to a more... pristine location approximately 2 miles east of our location...... MY REVENGE: I woke up at 4am the next morning after our notice and began moving out furniture around and packing up our stuff as loudly as I could, then I pulled off a 360 roundhouse kick on her snowman outside (also not joking).
RZRsharpKLR
Forum Police Officer
Forum Police Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EvanErgo on Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:51 am

RZRsharpKLR wrote: then I pulled off a 360 roundhouse kick on her snowman outside (also not joking).
Mr. Norris would be pleased.
EvanErgo
Forum Recruiter
Forum Recruiter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekaka on Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:01 am

My latest car is the Nissan Altima, average car, not one of these fancy and old ones you chaps have been posting. I like that it makes virtually no noise while driving and there is a built in GPS. Very Happy

Dekaka
Corporal
Corporal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheen Your Strange on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:55 pm

My, my, what have we here: http://www.thetorquereport.com/2011/03/video_2012_nissan_gt-r_laps_th.html

Nissan GTR is faster than an Enzo? Why that can't be...
Wheen Your Strange
Community VIP
Community VIP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  o0 KEV1N 0o on Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:39 am

911 GT2

It shall be mine, one day.
o0 KEV1N 0o
Sergeant
Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheen Your Strange on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:06 pm

I had my first driving lesson today. Shit's harder than I thought.
Wheen Your Strange
Community VIP
Community VIP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RZRsharpKLR on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:03 pm

Wheen Your Strange wrote:I had my first driving lesson today. Shit's harder than I thought.

Exactly what I thought my first time, it only gets easier!! Good luck bro, tell me the outcome after it's done!!
RZRsharpKLR
Forum Police Officer
Forum Police Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2