The Power Forums
Hello and welcome to The Power Forums! Please take this time to register or log in! See you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Power Forums
Hello and welcome to The Power Forums! Please take this time to register or log in! See you soon!
The Power Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OFFICIAL Call of Duty Black Ops Discussion

+29
PandasFanboy
mellow(802)
Sandalman3000
Shiller
L4MB
Wsxdas
Stealth
Loyal X Patriot
mellow802
SOG_player69
RZRsharpKLR
EvanErgo
Bodom
Helen
Patty
SeanSim
CoDfAtHeR123
Wheen Your Strange
Its_Ackbar
SSJ Prince V
Adam
DEATHRACERCHEVY
II LowDown II
TheAlmightyZohan
ginga-ninja
Flyerboy10
MegaMonkeyChunk
Demonicpopcorn
Hardline Pro
33 posters

Page 22 of 42 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 42  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL Call of Duty Black Ops Discussion - Page 22 Empty Re: OFFICIAL Call of Duty Black Ops Discussion

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:33 am

ginga-ninja wrote:

Its like Commando on the Ballistic Knife with a Tac Knife attachment used as a Bayonet.
MegaMonkeyChunk
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL Call of Duty Black Ops Discussion - Page 22 Empty Re: OFFICIAL Call of Duty Black Ops Discussion

Post  EvanErgo Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:49 pm

LOL wuht?
EvanErgo
EvanErgo
Forum Recruiter
Forum Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post  L4MB Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:54 pm

Weird. Never seen that type of thing before.
L4MB
L4MB
Forum Police Officer
Forum Police Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:59 pm

L4MB wrote:Weird. Never seen that type of thing before.

That's because in Black Ops, there is no defusing bombs, just postponing their explosion. I guess this one was postponed for a microsecond.

Also, Dual mags is the best attachment ever. It completely replaces the need for Sleight of Hand and Scavenger.
MegaMonkeyChunk
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  EvanErgo Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:17 am

MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:Also, Dual mags is the best attachment ever. It completely replaces the need for Sleight of Hand and Scavenger.
Yup, and used with slight of hand and Scavenger it's over kill.

Anyway I just asked this on IWF but I ask here too.

Does anyone here play objective games solely to win anymore? It's really starting to annoy me hearing "Let them plant this bomb so I can call in my chopper." or "Let them cap this one so we can get more kills.". I know it works out most of the time but some of the time it just backfires in our face, or it makes for a boring match for me since I only like to play for the objective.

=/ I just heard "Are we trying to win this round?" from someone in DEMO. I kind of just want to browse the web until I find a group of people that play objective game to just utterly destroy objective games leaving not even the slightest glimmer of hope for the other team.

Anyone play like that one Xbox? I think I shall start looking for people that play like that tonight because my friends list it made of people that love drawing out matches for kills even if it means we might lose. Or that I have to sit in the back of the map with a flag for the next 5 minutes.
EvanErgo
EvanErgo
Forum Recruiter
Forum Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:23 am

EvanErgo wrote:
MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:Also, Dual mags is the best attachment ever. It completely replaces the need for Sleight of Hand and Scavenger.
Yup, and used with slight of hand and Scavenger it's over kill.

Anyway I just asked this on IWF but I ask here too.

Does anyone here play objective games solely to win anymore? It's really starting to annoy me hearing "Let them plant this bomb so I can call in my chopper." or "Let them cap this one so we can get more kills.". I know it works out most of the time but some of the time it just backfires in our face, or it makes for a boring match for me since I only like to play for the objective.

=/ I just heard "Are we trying to win this round?" from someone in DEMO. I kind of just want to browse the web until I find a group of people that play objective game to just utterly destroy objective games leaving not even the slightest glimmer of hope for the other team.

Anyone play like that one Xbox? I think I shall start looking for people that play like that tonight because my friends list it made of people that love drawing out matches for kills even if it means we might lose. Or that I have to sit in the back of the map with a flag for the next 5 minutes.

WTF is an objective? Like those weird flags and briefcase logo on the bottom of my screen? WTF are you talking about?
MegaMonkeyChunk
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  EvanErgo Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:26 am

MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:WTF is an objective? Like those weird flags and briefcase logo on the bottom of my screen? WTF are you talking about?
Sad That is how some people play.
EvanErgo
EvanErgo
Forum Recruiter
Forum Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:33 am

EvanErgo wrote:
MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:WTF is an objective? Like those weird flags and briefcase logo on the bottom of my screen? WTF are you talking about?
Sad That is how some people play.

What do you mean some people? That's how everyone should play. CoD is all about kills is has only ever been about kills.
MegaMonkeyChunk
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  L4MB Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:03 am

Evan (or Ivan?), I know how you feel. I play for the objective in games like demo or domination, and am always annoyed when people bitch me out for it. I played a game of Sabotage in the last days of MW2 where I took the bomb, planted it and it detonated. I finished with 1 kill and 1 death, and most everybody else was around that mark. I think 3 kills was the highest.
You shoulda heard the lobby afterwards. People were pissed "Why'd you plant it?"
"That's the object of the game, right? We are playing Sabotage?"
"Yeah, but you shouldn't have planted so soon!"
Whatever. Even people from my own team were after me.

On the topic of Objectives, did anybody notice how the indicators that say Capture or Defend will disappear if you ADS in their vicinity? How awesome is that? Kudos to you, Treyarch.
L4MB
L4MB
Forum Police Officer
Forum Police Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  EvanErgo Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:08 am

L4MB wrote:
On the topic of Objectives, did anybody notice how the indicators that say Capture or Defend will disappear if you ADS in their vicinity? How awesome is that? Kudos to you, Treyarch.
That still confuses me sometimes. I aim over and and it blinks so I charge out thinking they were planting or something.

I think I've done that in SAB before. People get angry when they don't get their 20 minute TDM.
EvanErgo
EvanErgo
Forum Recruiter
Forum Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:08 am

L4MB wrote:

Really? I never noticed. That's awesome anyway. That should have been fixed since W@W.
MegaMonkeyChunk
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Hardline Pro Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:58 am

I have been seeing some "Going Back to MW2" threads on the CODHQ. I can kinda understand not wanting to play Black Ops...but going back to MW2, that is just idiotic.

facepalm1
Hardline Pro
Hardline Pro
Admin
Admin

https://thepowerforum.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  L4MB Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:39 am

Hardline Pro wrote:I have been seeing some "Going Back to MW2" threads on the CODHQ. I can kinda understand not wanting to play Black Ops...but going back to MW2, that is just idiotic.

facepalm1
MW2 was really quite addictive. For all it's flaws, it had some pretty deep hooks in a lot of people. I don't feel the same thing in BO. I don't feel that sense of accomplishment. The only game I was happy about yesterday was going 42-16 with 10 caps and 8 defends in Dom. That and 2 ballistic knife headshots in one game, but that's just cuz it looks cool.

I got a ton of headshots and killstreak rewards, but there's no real reason to be excited about that. I don't unlock any emblems or titles or camos. All it is is XP and $. I have thousands of unused $ and I get the XP I need playing games. I dunno. Maybe it's good that I don't feel the need to keep playing it into the early hours of the morning.
L4MB
L4MB
Forum Police Officer
Forum Police Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  EvanErgo Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:10 am

.. if there was a repair cost on the guns the points would be a bit more useful.
EvanErgo
EvanErgo
Forum Recruiter
Forum Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post  Stealth Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:47 am

L4MB wrote:
Hardline Pro wrote:I have been seeing some "Going Back to MW2" threads on the CODHQ. I can kinda understand not wanting to play Black Ops...but going back to MW2, that is just idiotic.

facepalm1
MW2 was really quite addictive. For all it's flaws, it had some pretty deep hooks in a lot of people. I don't feel the same thing in BO. I don't feel that sense of accomplishment. The only game I was happy about yesterday was going 42-16 with 10 caps and 8 defends in Dom. That and 2 ballistic knife headshots in one game, but that's just cuz it looks cool.

I got a ton of headshots and killstreak rewards, but there's no real reason to be excited about that. I don't unlock any emblems or titles or camos. All it is is XP and $. I have thousands of unused $ and I get the XP I need playing games. I dunno. Maybe it's good that I don't feel the need to keep playing it into the early hours of the morning.

I agree with you a 100% The only real thing that keeps me playing BOs is zombies, thats about perfect. But MP is ok. I remember having some good times over the summer stayin up late and playin mw2 with my friends. I just dont see that happening with BOs.
Stealth
Stealth
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post  ginga-ninja Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:52 am

EvanErgo wrote:.. if there was a repair cost on the guns the points would be a bit more useful.

Its not fallout lol. I just think CoD points were an awful idea from the start.
ginga-ninja
ginga-ninja
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  L4MB Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:50 am

ginga-ninja wrote:
EvanErgo wrote:.. if there was a repair cost on the guns the points would be a bit more useful.

If you have played many RPGs, you will know there's sometimes issues with monetary systems. Take Mass Effect as the bad example. You get money for doing everything, you pick up leveled gear all the time, and there are really no big-ticket items to buy with your thousands or millions of dollars. This was the same with the orig. Fable. They tried to do a supply and demand curve, but it didn't work for them because it was easily exploitable. No shortage of cash in that game either. Fallout was bad, too. Tons of caps around and after a certain point, nothing to spend them on except stimpacks.
I guess there are some OK games as well. TES series stand out in my mind as decent economies, but I wear rose-coloured glasses when remembering those games. They were just so good.
In any case, Black Ops economy needs some work. The cash is too plentiful and the items don't cost enough. It becomes silly after a while.
L4MB
L4MB
Forum Police Officer
Forum Police Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  mellow(802) Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:32 am

L4MB wrote:

facepalm1

...this...

I mostly play HC TDM now. i went 23-2 on Launch yesterday and it felt great.

I really wish you got some kind of something for all the headshots though.....MW2 had the unlock system dialed.
mellow(802)
mellow(802)
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Stealth Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:28 am

ginga-ninja wrote:

The whole concept of unlocking things is gone. Witch means things get boring fast.
Stealth
Stealth
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:44 am

I'm probably gonna say this a million more times so here:

CoD Points:

Good for: Emblems, Titles, Custom Reticules, Custom Reticule Colors, Custom Lens Colors, Clan Tag on Weapon, Emblem on Weapon and basically anything customizable.

Bad for: Weapons, Attachments, Camos, Perks and Pro Perks, Lethal Grenades, Tactical Grenades, Equipment and basically anything that should be unlocked by level or in the case of attachments, Pro Perks and camos, challenges.

MegaMonkeyChunk
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  L4MB Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:52 am

^^^
Good call.
L4MB
L4MB
Forum Police Officer
Forum Police Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  mellow(802) Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:38 am

L4MB wrote:^^^
Good call.

I concur Officer L4mb....good call indeed.
mellow(802)
mellow(802)
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  EvanErgo Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:25 am

This was a comment in a BO youtube video so I'll post it here.
OFFICIAL Call of Duty Black Ops Discussion - Page 22 2wmqfic
^^^ WTF man.
Anyway they put up a list of stuff in the next patch. It actually had some stuff I wanted, tho the ninja tweaking is probably because of kids screaming about not being able to soundwhore.
EvanErgo
EvanErgo
Forum Recruiter
Forum Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post  L4MB Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:56 pm

^^I usually hate when people do this, but lolololol
L4MB
L4MB
Forum Police Officer
Forum Police Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  mellow(802) Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:29 pm

I'm gonna come clean with you guys....

I'm a total soundwhore.....I bought the TBx31's for a reason.

hooray for the ninja patch
mellow(802)
mellow(802)
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 42 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 42  Next