The Power Forums
Hello and welcome to The Power Forums! Please take this time to register or log in! See you soon!

Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  SeanSim on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:51 am

Seriously. I wish people would think a little more clearly and stop giving into their instant gratification needs. Because, for me, it's kind of killing the Call of Duty title.

So, we all know that there are things that are broken with Modern Warfare 2. And I'm not even talking about imbalances like Painkiller and knifing. I'm talking about things that are actually broken, e.g., silencer, iron sights, incorrect names, and other strange things like FAL's holo sight giving more damage. These are things that are actually broken with the game. And I'm also going to include Tactical Insertion cheating/boosting in the list of things that are broken.

Anyway, I really do hope that Infinity Ward plan on releasing a patch for Modern Warfare 2. Because if they don't, I will NOT be buying Black Ops. And for the same reason that I refuse to buy the map packs for Modern Warfare 2: I refuse to give money to a company that refuses to produce quality products.

Now, sure, Infinity Ward and Treyarch are different companies. But they are both governed by Activision. And I'm sure that Activision has some sort of say in how and if patches get released. I feel like Activision is above Infinity Ward's head saying things like, "Don't worry about patching this game. We'll just make bigger expectations for Black Ops. Then everyone will buy that game hoping it will have the fixes they want." I don't know if this is exactly how it's going on, but that is definitely how it feels to me.

I no longer want to be part of the Call of Duty gaggle if customers' grievances get kicked to the curb. Well, more importantly, I don't want to be part of the Call of Duty gaggle if the makers of the games do not care about making the quality games that they used to make (CoD:UO and CoD2).

There are things that are BROKEN with this game and have been broken since day one. Sure, some of the "game-breaking" glitches have been patched (infinite Care Package, Care Package speed boost, exploding Javelins), but what about all of the non-game-breaking problems? I guess they just aren't all that important?

The way I see it, if such things aren't worth patching, then the game just isn't worth buying. It may be minor, but I'm sure they could have easily been fixed had they tried. Or at least had something like, "Yes we are going to fix this, it's just going to take time."

I really hope that 402 is being truthful about Modern Warfare 2 getting a final patch. And that this final patch will be the mother-of-all-patches that will fix all of the issues. Because if this doesn't happen, I have plenty of other games I could spend my money on.



Sorry about the rant, but just wanted to get that off my chest. Smile





tl;dr: If Modern Warfare 2 doesn't get a patch, then I will think that Activision/Infinity Ward/Treyarch do not care about making quality games. And I will no longer buy from them.


Last edited by SeanSim on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
SeanSim
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Posts : 127
Join date : 2010-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  Demonicpopcorn on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:53 am

Can you post a summary please.
avatar
Demonicpopcorn
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Posts : 1271
Join date : 2010-08-05
Age : 22
Location : Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  SeanSim on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:58 am

Demonicpopcorn wrote:Can you post a summary please.

Done, lazy. Mad
avatar
SeanSim
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Posts : 127
Join date : 2010-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  Demonicpopcorn on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:03 am

SeanSim wrote:
Demonicpopcorn wrote:Can you post a summary please.

Done, lazy. Mad
thanks

I will get it because all my dick friends would abandon me if I didn't.
avatar
Demonicpopcorn
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Posts : 1271
Join date : 2010-08-05
Age : 22
Location : Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  Wheen Your Strange on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:43 am

Get it on PC, Treyarch usually has much better support for the PC version.
avatar
Wheen Your Strange
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 1954
Join date : 2010-08-12
Age : 22
Location : The United States of Liberty and Education

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  Demonicpopcorn on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:52 am

Wheen Your Strange wrote:Get it on XBOX, Treyarch usually has much better support for the XBOX version.
Stop lying to yourself.
avatar
Demonicpopcorn
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Posts : 1271
Join date : 2010-08-05
Age : 22
Location : Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  SeanSim on Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:39 am

Demonicpopcorn wrote:I will get it because all my dick friends would abandon me if I didn't.

When your friends turn their backs on you, you turn your back on your friends.

Or something.

Wheen Your Strange wrote:Get it on PC, Treyarch usually has much better support for the PC version.

No U!

I'm not much of a PC gamer. But that might change with the unnecessary XBox Live price increase coming up.
avatar
SeanSim
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Posts : 127
Join date : 2010-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  Wheen Your Strange on Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:43 am

Demonicpopcorn wrote:
Wheen Your Strange wrote:Get it on PC, Treyarch usually has much better support for the PC version.
Stop lying to yourself.
Seriously, stop trolling.

Plus, its a fact.
avatar
Wheen Your Strange
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 1954
Join date : 2010-08-12
Age : 22
Location : The United States of Liberty and Education

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  Demonicpopcorn on Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:48 am

Wheen Your Strange wrote:
Demonicpopcorn wrote:
Wheen Your Strange wrote:Get it on PC, Treyarch usually has much better support for the PC version.
Stop lying to yourself.
Seriously, stop trolling.

Plus, its a fact.
is that why the pc gets dlc first? i dont even play on xbox so calm down.
avatar
Demonicpopcorn
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Posts : 1271
Join date : 2010-08-05
Age : 22
Location : Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  Wheen Your Strange on Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:51 am

Demonicpopcorn wrote:
Wheen Your Strange wrote:
Demonicpopcorn wrote:
Wheen Your Strange wrote:Get it on PC, Treyarch usually has much better support for the PC version.
Stop lying to yourself.
Seriously, stop trolling.

Plus, its a fact.
is that why the pc gets dlc first? i dont even play on xbox so calm down.
We don't pay for it at all. We get mods. We get patches that the Consoles never see, since Treyarch can give them directly to us, instead of going through Microsoft/Sony.

I'm not angry at all. Just when you constantly edit people's quotes, thats trolling.

EDIT: Check my post count. Oh ya. Very Happy
avatar
Wheen Your Strange
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 1954
Join date : 2010-08-12
Age : 22
Location : The United States of Liberty and Education

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  §cIoN on Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:45 pm

Wheen Your Strange wrote:
Demonicpopcorn wrote:
Wheen Your Strange wrote:
Demonicpopcorn wrote:
Wheen Your Strange wrote:Get it on PC, Treyarch usually has much better support for the PC version.
Stop lying to yourself.
Seriously, stop trolling.

Plus, its a fact.
is that why the pc gets dlc first? i dont even play on xbox so calm down.
We don't pay for it at all. We get mods. We get patches that the Consoles never see, since Treyarch can give them directly to us, instead of going through Microsoft/Sony.

I'm not angry at all. Just when you constantly edit people's quotes, thats trolling.

EDIT: Check my post count. Oh ya. Very Happy

Pc also has a much larger hacker base.... which is true for any game on both PC and consoles.

I have a lot of friends that play on pc, and they say half the games they enter aren't even playable.

And from all the FPS games I've played on PC, I can attest to this.
avatar
§cIoN
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-09-07
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:20 pm

Well, almost 70% of the guns in Black Ops are wrong in one way or another. Does that count?
avatar
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 3742
Join date : 2010-08-11
Age : 30
Location : Montréal, Québec

View user profile http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  L4MB on Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:29 pm

I like this thread, mostly because it goes against a lot of what people are saying right now regarding IW vs Treyarch and the hope that now lies in Black Ops.
Ever since CoD4, there has been this stigma at about this time of year where people are getting fed up with the current gen CoD title, and are sure as hell that the next one is going to be the be all, end all of video games. W@W was supposed to balance out the weapons. No more MP5 and M16. We all know how that went.
Then MW2 was supposed to do that as well, and we were promised bigger and better things. Well, we certainly got bigger things; better things is debatable. Tons of glitches, tons of exploits, and certain weapons still rise to the top of the heap (not saying I could do better, I think it is the nature of the beast when so many weapons are included. Some are just better than others)
Now Black Ops will give us no glitches, un-hackable, fully balanced, no exploit gameplay, fully supported by Treyarch and I certainly doubt that will happen.
Not saying "don't hope for the future", but I am saying "prepare yourself for what might be". If you expect a StarCraft II type balance in a game that was in development for less than 2 years, you're living in a dream. (This is not directed at anybody here, just in general.)
avatar
L4MB
Forum Police Officer
Forum Police Officer

Posts : 553
Join date : 2010-08-14
Age : 31
Location : Edmonton, AB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk on Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:32 pm

L4MB wrote:I like this thread, mostly because it goes against a lot of what people are saying right now regarding IW vs Treyarch and the hope that now lies in Black Ops.
Ever since CoD4, there has been this stigma at about this time of year where people are getting fed up with the current gen CoD title, and are sure as hell that the next one is going to be the be all, end all of video games. W@W was supposed to balance out the weapons. No more MP5 and M16. We all know how that went.
Then MW2 was supposed to do that as well, and we were promised bigger and better things. Well, we certainly got bigger things; better things is debatable. Tons of glitches, tons of exploits, and certain weapons still rise to the top of the heap (not saying I could do better, I think it is the nature of the beast when so many weapons are included. Some are just better than others)
Now Black Ops will give us no glitches, un-hackable, fully balanced, no exploit gameplay, fully supported by Treyarch and I certainly doubt that will happen.
Not saying "don't hope for the future", but I am saying "prepare yourself for what might be". If you expect a StarCraft II type balance in a game that was in development for less than 2 years, you're living in a dream. (This is not directed at anybody here, just in general.)

Exactly what I am saying. I'm not expecting much in MP. I am expecting Zombies to be good though.
avatar
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 3742
Join date : 2010-08-11
Age : 30
Location : Montréal, Québec

View user profile http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  ginga-ninja on Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:39 pm

MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:
L4MB wrote:I like this thread, mostly because it goes against a lot of what people are saying right now regarding IW vs Treyarch and the hope that now lies in Black Ops.
Ever since CoD4, there has been this stigma at about this time of year where people are getting fed up with the current gen CoD title, and are sure as hell that the next one is going to be the be all, end all of video games. W@W was supposed to balance out the weapons. No more MP5 and M16. We all know how that went.
Then MW2 was supposed to do that as well, and we were promised bigger and better things. Well, we certainly got bigger things; better things is debatable. Tons of glitches, tons of exploits, and certain weapons still rise to the top of the heap (not saying I could do better, I think it is the nature of the beast when so many weapons are included. Some are just better than others)
Now Black Ops will give us no glitches, un-hackable, fully balanced, no exploit gameplay, fully supported by Treyarch and I certainly doubt that will happen.
Not saying "don't hope for the future", but I am saying "prepare yourself for what might be". If you expect a StarCraft II type balance in a game that was in development for less than 2 years, you're living in a dream. (This is not directed at anybody here, just in general.)

Exactly what I am saying. I'm not expecting much in MP. I am expecting Zombies to be good though.

Whoop, zombehs!!
avatar
ginga-ninja
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 2925
Join date : 2010-07-21
Age : 23
Location : Leitrim, Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:04 am

ginga-ninja wrote:
MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:
L4MB wrote:I like this thread, mostly because it goes against a lot of what people are saying right now regarding IW vs Treyarch and the hope that now lies in Black Ops.
Ever since CoD4, there has been this stigma at about this time of year where people are getting fed up with the current gen CoD title, and are sure as hell that the next one is going to be the be all, end all of video games. W@W was supposed to balance out the weapons. No more MP5 and M16. We all know how that went.
Then MW2 was supposed to do that as well, and we were promised bigger and better things. Well, we certainly got bigger things; better things is debatable. Tons of glitches, tons of exploits, and certain weapons still rise to the top of the heap (not saying I could do better, I think it is the nature of the beast when so many weapons are included. Some are just better than others)
Now Black Ops will give us no glitches, un-hackable, fully balanced, no exploit gameplay, fully supported by Treyarch and I certainly doubt that will happen.
Not saying "don't hope for the future", but I am saying "prepare yourself for what might be". If you expect a StarCraft II type balance in a game that was in development for less than 2 years, you're living in a dream. (This is not directed at anybody here, just in general.)

Exactly what I am saying. I'm not expecting much in MP. I am expecting Zombies to be good though.

Whoop, zombehs!!

It will be epic.
avatar
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 3742
Join date : 2010-08-11
Age : 30
Location : Montréal, Québec

View user profile http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  Demonicpopcorn on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:20 am

Zombies are not that fun.
avatar
Demonicpopcorn
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Posts : 1271
Join date : 2010-08-05
Age : 22
Location : Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:29 am

Demonicpopcorn wrote:Zombies are not that fun.

http://dawnmasuoka.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/gasp.jpg
avatar
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 3742
Join date : 2010-08-11
Age : 30
Location : Montréal, Québec

View user profile http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  Wheen Your Strange on Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:13 am

MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:
Demonicpopcorn wrote:Zombies are not that fun.

http://dawnmasuoka.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/gasp.jpg
He's right, Nazi Zombies sucks.
avatar
Wheen Your Strange
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 1954
Join date : 2010-08-12
Age : 22
Location : The United States of Liberty and Education

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk on Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:34 pm

Wheen Your Strange wrote:
MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:
Demonicpopcorn wrote:Zombies are not that fun.

http://dawnmasuoka.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/gasp.jpg
He's right, Nazi Zombies sucks.


avatar
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 3742
Join date : 2010-08-11
Age : 30
Location : Montréal, Québec

View user profile http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  Demonicpopcorn on Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:53 am

heh heh heh
avatar
Demonicpopcorn
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Posts : 1271
Join date : 2010-08-05
Age : 22
Location : Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  ginga-ninja on Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:54 pm

Demonicpopcorn wrote:heh heh heh

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAH!!!!
avatar
ginga-ninja
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 2925
Join date : 2010-07-21
Age : 23
Location : Leitrim, Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:34 pm

ginga-ninja wrote:
Demonicpopcorn wrote:heh heh heh

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAH!!!!

avatar
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 3742
Join date : 2010-08-11
Age : 30
Location : Montréal, Québec

View user profile http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Not going to think about getting Black Ops unless MW2 gets patched.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum