The Power Forums
Hello and welcome to The Power Forums! Please take this time to register or log in! See you soon!

The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Re: The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk on Sat May 07, 2011 12:44 am

ginga-ninja wrote:Time to go hipfire some n00bs!! Or just beast it in hardcore.

Bastard, you made me rush to my PS3 for nothing. I DUN BEENZ TRULLED?!
avatar
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 3742
Join date : 2010-08-11
Age : 31
Location : Montréal, Québec

View user profile http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Post  ginga-ninja on Sat May 07, 2011 2:14 am

MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:
ginga-ninja wrote:Time to go hipfire some n00bs!! Or just beast it in hardcore.

Bastard, you made me rush to my PS3 for nothing. I DUN BEENZ TRULLED?!

Haha wut.
avatar
ginga-ninja
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 2925
Join date : 2010-07-21
Age : 24
Location : Leitrim, Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk on Sun May 08, 2011 6:11 am

PP-19-01 Vityaz in 9x19mm Parabellum:
http://world.guns.ru/smg/rus/pp-19-01-vityaz-e.html

AKS-74u is 9mm?

avatar
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 3742
Join date : 2010-08-11
Age : 31
Location : Montréal, Québec

View user profile http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Post  Patty on Sun May 08, 2011 9:04 am

So I recently found out that I have inherited a 12 gauge shotgun from my great grandfather, who died before I was even born.

My parents didn't feel like telling me until they felt I was responsible enough to care for a gun. I'll keep you posted on what kind it is.
avatar
Patty
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 537
Join date : 2010-08-08
Age : 27
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.twitter.com/patefacio_

Back to top Go down

Re: The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk on Sun May 08, 2011 10:43 pm

Patty wrote:So I recently found out that I have inherited a 12 gauge shotgun from my great grandfather, who died before I was even born.

My parents didn't feel like telling me until they felt I was responsible enough to care for a gun. I'll keep you posted on what kind it is.

You can't have it unless you have a Possession and Acquisition License. If its registered, you're fucked. If its not, hide it until all Harper takes care of business and get your PAL.
avatar
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 3742
Join date : 2010-08-11
Age : 31
Location : Montréal, Québec

View user profile http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Post  Patty on Sun May 08, 2011 10:52 pm

I've been advised to get a PAL by my uncle.
avatar
Patty
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 537
Join date : 2010-08-08
Age : 27
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.twitter.com/patefacio_

Back to top Go down

Re: The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk on Sun May 08, 2011 11:50 pm

Patty wrote:I've been advised to get a PAL by my uncle.

Do it because otherwise you're a criminal just for owning it without one. You have 30 days to get your PAL. Since you're in Alberta, it'll be easier than Quebec. You can find the form on the Canadian Firearms Program website. You'll also have to take the 3 day safety course.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/information/lic-per-eng.htm\

EDIT: You'll have to register the firearm when you get the PAL (assuming it isn't already registered) because they'll search your house whenever they feel like it to check for "safety reasons". I recommend giving it to someone who's had their PAL since before 2004 so they won't be charged with owning an unlicensed long arm because an amnesty. They'll hold it until you get your PAL and take back the shotgun once Harper punches the long arm registry in the face.
avatar
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 3742
Join date : 2010-08-11
Age : 31
Location : Montréal, Québec

View user profile http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk on Tue May 10, 2011 6:44 am

Zombie survival just got a tad easier...

Ruger BX-25 25 Round .22LR magazine for Ruger 10/22 and SR-22 rifles and 22 Charger pistols:
http://www.ruger.com/micros/BX-25/index.html?r=y

I may have previously stated that I didn't trust 3rd party hi cap magazines for .22LR rifles because the regular 10 round BX-1 magazine worked with 99.99999999999% reliability even it meant having 15 less rounds. Now with these, I can finally dispatch 25 zombies without having to reload. Now Ruger just needs to make 50 round drum or 100 round dual drum magazines and I'll be satisfied.

This will go great with the California version SR-22 that Canada is getting:
http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/default.asp?Pg=8&do=3&mcid=1&scid=12&pid=1127

Notice the lack of a flash hider and the stock doesn't telescope like a real M4 stock.
avatar
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 3742
Join date : 2010-08-11
Age : 31
Location : Montréal, Québec

View user profile http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Post  RZRsharpKLR on Thu May 12, 2011 1:01 am

MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:Zombie survival just got a tad easier...

Ruger BX-25 25 Round .22LR magazine for Ruger 10/22 and SR-22 rifles and 22 Charger pistols:
http://www.ruger.com/micros/BX-25/index.html?r=y

I may have previously stated that I didn't trust 3rd party hi cap magazines for .22LR rifles because the regular 10 round BX-1 magazine worked with 99.99999999999% reliability even it meant having 15 less rounds. Now with these, I can finally dispatch 25 zombies without having to reload. Now Ruger just needs to make 50 round drum or 100 round dual drum magazines and I'll be satisfied.

This will go great with the California version SR-22 that Canada is getting:
http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/default.asp?Pg=8&do=3&mcid=1&scid=12&pid=1127

Notice the lack of a flash hider and the stock doesn't telescope like a real M4 stock.

"Zombie Survival" and ".22" shouldn't be used in the same sentence. I think it'd take a WHOLE 100 round drum mag to dispatch a zombie. It's like throwing gravel at Godzilla, just ain't working!
avatar
RZRsharpKLR
Forum Police Officer
Forum Police Officer

Posts : 546
Join date : 2010-09-17
Age : 25
Location : Yakima, WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk on Thu May 12, 2011 1:14 am

RZRsharpKLR wrote:
MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:Zombie survival just got a tad easier...

Ruger BX-25 25 Round .22LR magazine for Ruger 10/22 and SR-22 rifles and 22 Charger pistols:
http://www.ruger.com/micros/BX-25/index.html?r=y

I may have previously stated that I didn't trust 3rd party hi cap magazines for .22LR rifles because the regular 10 round BX-1 magazine worked with 99.99999999999% reliability even it meant having 15 less rounds. Now with these, I can finally dispatch 25 zombies without having to reload. Now Ruger just needs to make 50 round drum or 100 round dual drum magazines and I'll be satisfied.

This will go great with the California version SR-22 that Canada is getting:
http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/default.asp?Pg=8&do=3&mcid=1&scid=12&pid=1127

Notice the lack of a flash hider and the stock doesn't telescope like a real M4 stock.

"Zombie Survival" and ".22" shouldn't be used in the same sentence. I think it'd take a WHOLE 100 round drum mag to dispatch a zombie. It's like throwing gravel at Godzilla, just ain't working!

Sure, waste time with centerfire ammo. .22LR rifles work perfectly fine and can be fired by anyone who can use both arms. They make a lot less noise and virtually none when silenced. I can carry way more of them. The rifles themselves also way less. Just aim for the head and unless you suck at life, you'll blow its brains out or even better, it'll ricochet inside of the skull for extra lulz. Me and .22s are MLG pro in accuracy and speed.
avatar
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 3742
Join date : 2010-08-11
Age : 31
Location : Montréal, Québec

View user profile http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Post  ginga-ninja on Thu May 12, 2011 1:19 am

I thought .22 only killed squirrels? Or are you talking about the long version :S

Also, I think the AA12 may have been designed with zombies in mind, so much overkill would only be needed against hordes or the undead.
avatar
ginga-ninja
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 2925
Join date : 2010-07-21
Age : 24
Location : Leitrim, Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk on Thu May 12, 2011 1:40 am

ginga-ninja wrote:I thought .22 only killed squirrels? Or are you talking about the long version :S

Also, I think the AA12 may have been designed with zombies in mind, so much overkill would only be needed against hordes or the undead.

That was the .22 Short. No matter what bullet you shoot at someone's head will kill them. Being that zombies can only be killed by destroying the brain, the easier the better.

When killing zombies with guns assuming you've chosen to go on the offensive, you have to think about 2 things:

1) Will I hit in the head?
2) How much noise will this make?

The first is so you kill the zombie. The second is so you don't get overwhelmed because once they hear noise, they won't stop coming. Silenced .22 rimfires do this job perfectly. Specifically, the .22LR. I'd take it over the .22 Short, .22 Long and even the .22 Extra Long which initially was better than the .22LR but was soon overshadowed.

Ammo for it is in abundance. You'll never find small amounts of it. Often, .22LR is sold in boxes of 500-600 and even 1000. They're inexpensive so you can stock up before shit goes down. The variety in bullets is also there for those that want to get fancy. To me, a regular 40 grain solid will do the job. They also take up less space and weigh less so more of them can be carried.



TL;DR version: .22s are better.
avatar
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 3742
Join date : 2010-08-11
Age : 31
Location : Montréal, Québec

View user profile http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Post  ginga-ninja on Thu May 12, 2011 2:48 am

Are there any hollowpoint .22s? Seeing as zombies don't tend to wear armour Razz
avatar
ginga-ninja
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 2925
Join date : 2010-07-21
Age : 24
Location : Leitrim, Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk on Thu May 12, 2011 2:58 am

ginga-ninja wrote:Are there any hollowpoint .22s? Seeing as zombies don't tend to wear armour Razz

Yup. They're useless though since body shots don't kill zombies.
avatar
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 3742
Join date : 2010-08-11
Age : 31
Location : Montréal, Québec

View user profile http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Post  ginga-ninja on Thu May 12, 2011 3:01 am

MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:
ginga-ninja wrote:Are there any hollowpoint .22s? Seeing as zombies don't tend to wear armour Razz

Yup. They're useless though since body shots don't kill zombies.

Would hollowpoints not work on their heads?
avatar
ginga-ninja
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 2925
Join date : 2010-07-21
Age : 24
Location : Leitrim, Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk on Thu May 12, 2011 3:04 am

ginga-ninja wrote:
MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:
ginga-ninja wrote:Are there any hollowpoint .22s? Seeing as zombies don't tend to wear armour Razz

Yup. They're useless though since body shots don't kill zombies.

Would hollowpoints not work on their heads?

Solids work better. Using anything fancy in unnecessary since most bullets to the head kill you. Anything else is a Gabby Giffords zombie.
avatar
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 3742
Join date : 2010-08-11
Age : 31
Location : Montréal, Québec

View user profile http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Post  EvanErgo on Thu May 12, 2011 7:14 am

MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:
ginga-ninja wrote:
MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:

Yup. They're useless though since body shots don't kill zombies.

Would hollowpoints not work on their heads?

Solids work better. Using anything fancy in unnecessary since most bullets to the head kill you. Anything else is a Gabby Giffords zombie.
Is it wrong that that really made me laugh. I still don't see why so many people say they would use AK-47s and Desert Eagles. They never stop to think about the noise or weight.
avatar
EvanErgo
Forum Recruiter
Forum Recruiter

Posts : 644
Join date : 2010-09-05
Age : 28
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Post  Wsxdas on Thu May 12, 2011 8:15 am

Pfftf I would use a musket. Adequate and useful firearms are too mainstream.
avatar
Wsxdas
Captain
Captain

Posts : 417
Join date : 2010-07-26
Age : 21
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk on Thu May 12, 2011 10:47 am

Wsxdas wrote:Pfftf I would use a musket. Adequate and useful firearms are too mainstream.

Be FreddieW and use a bb gun. Then laugh when zombies are chomping on your ribs.
avatar
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 3742
Join date : 2010-08-11
Age : 31
Location : Montréal, Québec

View user profile http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Post  Wsxdas on Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 am

New plan... We ride on my time travel pterodactyl named whiskers, dropping pineapples on the zambies so the pines kill them. Then we eat pineapples in celebration.
avatar
Wsxdas
Captain
Captain

Posts : 417
Join date : 2010-07-26
Age : 21
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Post  ginga-ninja on Fri May 13, 2011 12:16 am

I'm gna stick with my bow. Silent and deadly. Only have 12 shots though :/
avatar
ginga-ninja
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 2925
Join date : 2010-07-21
Age : 24
Location : Leitrim, Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk on Fri May 13, 2011 1:42 am

ginga-ninja wrote:I'm gna stick with my bow. Silent and deadly. Only have 12 shots though :/

That's unfortunate. I recommend acquiring more before someone goes on a bow rampage and all western countries ban bows and crossbows.
avatar
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 3742
Join date : 2010-08-11
Age : 31
Location : Montréal, Québec

View user profile http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Post  ginga-ninja on Fri May 13, 2011 2:40 am

MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:
ginga-ninja wrote:I'm gna stick with my bow. Silent and deadly. Only have 12 shots though :/

That's unfortunate. I recommend acquiring more before someone goes on a bow rampage and all western countries ban bows and crossbows.

Haha, not gna happen. There has been zero bow related sport accidents here, I think.
avatar
ginga-ninja
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 2925
Join date : 2010-07-21
Age : 24
Location : Leitrim, Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk on Sat May 14, 2011 1:49 am

Taurus Model 17 Tracker in .17 HMR:
http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/default.aspx?item=17SS6

A big gun for a small bullet. The overall length of the cartridge is still bigger than the .22LR though:
avatar
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 3742
Join date : 2010-08-11
Age : 31
Location : Montréal, Québec

View user profile http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Post  MegaMonkeyChunk on Sun May 15, 2011 12:46 am

Taurus Mini Revolver .380 in .380 ACP:
http://www.taurususa.com/2011newcatalog/?catalog_page=6

Revolver in .380 ACP?

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
avatar
MegaMonkeyChunk
Community VIP
Community VIP

Posts : 3742
Join date : 2010-08-11
Age : 31
Location : Montréal, Québec

View user profile http://www.bigsausagepizza.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The OFFICIAL Firearm Thread

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum